Learning from Leicester Ageing Together
Leicester Ageing Together is an action research project. We have been delivering services through our partners and working with academics to learn from the programme, in order to influence future commissioning and service development.
Here we will share reports on different topics, which are data driven and evidence what we do.
Empowering Communities - Learning event, 3rd July 2019
This interactive workshop reflected on key learning on what works (and doesn’t work) in empowering people aged 50+ to develop creative responses to loneliness and social isolation.We considered findings from independent evaluations of the LAT Partnership, Community Connectors, and Mental Wellbeing Project and how LAT interventions support work across health and care systems through developing and supporting vibrant and resilient communities of both place and identity. Information from the event is here.
'Active Communities: Preventing Type 2 Diabetes'
Leicester Ageing Together supports people aged 50+ to be actively involved in their communities - read more on raising awareness of, and responding to, Type 2 Diabetes LAT Learning Active Involvement in Communities
'Finding Our Voice'
Read about our January 2019 LAT Learning event BAME Older People Flourishing and watch films from our LAT Partners' Learning Showcase - here
A short film exploring the impact of Everyday creativity on well-being and social inclusion. See here
A film presentation from the Learning Event, May 2018 'Outcomes to Date'. See here.
A film presentation from the Learning Event, May 2018 'Engagement & Reach'. See here
A film presentation from the Learning Event, Oct 2018 'Older People Providing Solutions'. See below:
- Dec 2018 - LAT Learning Community Connectors: Close Encounters
- Dec 2018 LAT Learning Intergenerational Projects
- Dec 2018 - LAT Social Prescribing Evaluation Report
- Oct 2018 - The Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy - LCC
- Oct 2018 - Walking and Social Capital. Experiences of a Walking for Health group - Prof Gordon Grant
- Oct 2018 - Supporting Community Contributions in Later Life - Rachel Monaghan
- Oct 2018 - Scoping and Responding to transport Need - Robin Pointon
- July 2018 - Compare group and one to one interventions, Dr Jamie Mackrill
- July 2018 - Engaging communities in legacy & sustainability, Ruth Rigby
- July 2018 - Older & Wiser - Legacy & Sustainability, Karen Chouhan
- July 2018 - Social Prescribing - Mapping & Evaluating
- May 2018 - Report on 'Engagement & Reach'
- May 2018 - LAT Presentation - Engagement & Reach
- May 2018 - LAT Presentation - Outcomes To Date
- Roots and Shoots: a brief toolkit for Intergenerational Gardening projects