Support for you
Over 50 and living in Leicester?
We organise a range of events for older people living in Belgrave, Evington, Thurncourt, Spinney Hills and Wycliffe. For more information about activities in your local area, visit our events page.
For a detailed list of each delivery partner and their Leicester Ageing Together projects, please visit our partners page.
Advice and information
- One-to-one appointments regarding debt, welfare benefits, housing, immigration, family and consumer rights
- Information and support for the South Asian community caring for someone with dementia
- Hearing screenings, advice, support and help with the maintenance of hearing aids
Group activity, learning and social engagement
- Creative activities for older people in the community and residential homes
- Supporting older people to join forces with younger volunteers to improve communal green spaces and grow food in shared spaces/allotments
- Singing and musical activities in residential homes for people with dementia and their carers
- Offering men the opportunity to take part in practical activities and share skills in a 'shed'
- Local walks for exercise and social engagement, and to identify how routes can be improved for pedestrians
- Various courses and informal learning activities
- Volunteering opportunities for older people
- Coffee and lunch clubs
- Gentle exercise and sports
- Training in IT and social networking
- Celebration events for religious festivals
- Day care services for South Asian people (Belgrave)
One-to-one support and home visits
- Befriending support (home visits and telephone calls)
- Working with GPs to promote wellbeing and reduce reliance on clinical services
- Supporting older people returning home from a stay in hospital
- Carrying out one-off cleaning, repairs and decoration in older people’s homes and gardens (needs assessment required)
- Training and supporting people with disabilities to keep in touch with family and friends via the Internet and technology
For more information, get in touch with our team on 0116 249 8850 or firstname.lastname@example.org