Digital Administrator - Kickstarter
Mon 9.00 am until 4.30 pm (lunch 11.45am – 12.45pm)
Tues 9.00am until 1pm, Wed 9.00am until 1pm, Thur 9.00am until 1pm
Fri 9.00am - 4.30pm (lunch 12.30pm - 1.30pm)
Location: Leicester Working remotely from home or from Leicester Office (New Walk) if preferred.
Opportunity: We are recruiting for a digital administrator to support LAT projects aimed at helping people aged 50+ living in Leicester to stay connected with local services and their community. There are three distinct projects: a digital inclusion project helping participants to improve their essential digital skills and connect online, a phone cafe and Zoomers
This is an interesting and varied role that includes supporting our users directly, marketing, website development and administration of a feedback process. You will need to support people individually and in a group situation who have limited experience of using digital. This support could be over the phone, across Zoom or in person. Some may require a brief intervention to help them overcome one particular difficulty they are experiencing, whilst others may need more help outside of the sessions.
- Familiarise digital inclusion Participants/Zoomers with their devices.
- Help new Zoomers to access Zoom sessions and provide technical support.
- Help Phone Café attendees access sessions and provide technical support.
- Maintenance and development of the LAT website.
- Build community with lead volunteers and groups.
- Administering digital sessions on Monday (1pm) & Wednesdays (10am).
- Working alongside Project Manager to ensure that the schedule of digital inclusion sessions is planned for the coming month.
- Marketing of LAT projects via Facebook and Leaflets.
Digital Administrators will:
In respect of Zoomers Project and Phone Cafe
- Open up Meetings, introduce the session, then hand it over to the group lead.
- Provide technical support to new users and existing users of the services so that they can participate fully in the sessions.
- Build community with users, volunteers and project leads.
- Technical and language support for reach and exit data collection.
In respect of Digital Inclusion Project
- Assist with the creation of an exciting schedule of digital sessions for the digital inclusion project. This will include working with volunteers to create and research ideas for session content that meets the essential digital skills framework. It will also involve attracting local organisations to deliver content.
- Send out invitations to the twice weekly digital sessions, updating the attendance register and calendar.
- Open up the digital sessions and ensure participants are contacted
In respect of all Projects:
- Create and maintain LAT website using Wagtail.
- Create digital marketing leaflets for the projects.
- Use social media, FaceBook Primarily, to directly contact organisations in Leicester to advertise the project opportunities.
Qualities and skills, we are looking for:
- A good all-round level of digital skills and experience with the ability to troubleshoot issues. (E)
- Experience and confidence of using Zoom. (E)
- Experience of using Excel, Word and Google products. (E)
- You need to be bilingual including English, Gujarati and Hindi.(E)
- Good communication skills: the ability to communicate computing terms to absolute beginners clearly and with patience (E)
- Ability to empower individuals to use their devices independently.(D)
- Experience of web development applications and willing to use new packages/applications.(E)
- Experience of using Graphics software to design leaflets e.g. Canva.(D)
- Trustworthy, reliable and good time keeping.(E)
- Desire to work with people aged 50+.(E)
- Good level of English, both written and verbal.(E)
- Experience of using social media especially FaceBook.(D)
What resources and help is there for this position?
We provide the following Training:
- Online security training
- Device training (Lenovo Tablet and Mifi)
- 5-week accredited WEA digital companion course (October start)
- Monthly training meetings will be provided to support career progression, CV advice and interview techniques.
Ready to Apply?
Please note you can ONLY apply for a role under this scheme if you have already been referred to us by your job coach at the Job Centre. If you are interested in applying for one of these roles, you must get your coach to refer you to us first. We will check that applicants are eligible to be employed under this scheme prior to interviews. Terms and Conditions apply to this role ask your job centre coach for more details. Applications can only be accepted for people aged 16 yrs to 24 yrs.