Friendship Buddy - Give & Take
As part of our Give & Take project you will be visiting someone in their home to have a cup of tea and a chat. You could get involved with art and crafts or enjoy a board game!
You may be required assist with basic admin, make phone calls or help with reading newspapers and books. You could accompany service users to lunch clubs and community events, to appointments/shopping or dog walking.
We would like you to guide the service user to
think about the stage they would like to be at in a few months’ time; set small
goals (e.g. to be able to attend local groups on my own) that you could support
them to reach.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Respectful and honest
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
We hope that by becoming a volunteer you:
- Increase your own self confidence
- Meet new and interesting people
- Learn new skills that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further learning
- Have fun!
Health & Safety:
- Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst volunteering.
This volunteering opportunity is subject to a DBS check and two references.
This volunteering opportunity is suitable for volunteers aged 18 years and above and is subject to a DBS check and two references.
For an Application form contact the Give & Take Manager
Call 0116 249 8851 or 07846 516 017
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to Emily Cross, Leicester Ageing Together c/o Vista, 16 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 6UB